Friday, December 08, 2006

Super Sistah Hannukah POWER!

Before I begin today’s post, I’d like to give a shout out to McDallas, our newest recruitee and devoted reader of this blog. That makes 4 people (including myself and Kickmeup)!!

Christmas season has arrived. I want to try really hard not to succumb to the typical New York blogger’s Christmas season postings. These involve talking about how much people who aren’t New Yorkers suck. Even Gawker has caught the plague this year and I completely agree with everything they say so I’m not even going to go there.

Soooo, what can I talk about BESIDES how my life when not cowering in bed beneath 8 layers of blankets has become overwhelmingly occupied with pushing non-English speaking pedestrians off of street corners? I know, let’s discuss something that has been lacking from my life – something that I feel I need in order to truly be whole. I need to be someone’s Sistah.

I am someone’s sister – that is I’m brother_pants’ little sibling. Fine, that’s just fine. But I want to be a sistAH! I want to walk down the street and have someone think, “Oh, there’s my sistah,” and then they’ll scream across the street at me “Hey, sistah! I’m over here,” and I’ll wait until no cars are coming and strut over and be like, “Hey, what’s up?!” I feel like being a Sistah would be a really great experience and make me feel like I’m doing something more with my life than being a sexy white lady. On TV everybody’s always talking about Sistahs. On the Amazing Race the Sistahs are the first all woman team to make it to the top three!! That’s really impressive! If I were a Sistah I’d have that chance also. This whole sistER thing has been really holding me back in life.

Nigger_nose, can I please be your Sistah? Sometimes I take the A train…that should be reason enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home