Monday, November 27, 2006

Mmmm...Meaty

What the hell is wrong with Indian food in this city? I am outraged at the lack of restaurant sanitation and the inability for me to be served Vegetable Biryani without cockroaches in it. Seriously, Indian food is my absolute favorite. It has everything that I could ever require from a nutritional source - and when I say everything I mean rice. Because if all the third-world populations in the world can subsist on a diet of 80% rice and still stay skinny then I can too. But the problem is that sometimes I don't want protein in my rice. It’s not that I don't like protein. I am a huge fan of sausage and hamburgers and also hot dogs because I'm not that picky about where my meat comes from. And once in Japan I ate grasshoppers. My issue is when I don't WANT there to be bugs in my food. And when I'm sipping on my fourth spoonful of Mulligatawny soup and a roach floats to the top of my plastic container it's not a happy surprise!! I'm not excited to see the dead cockroach with its legs and inch-long antennae.
This is the fourth time in a year that I have found a roach in my Indian food. Fifth if you count Kickmeup's Jackson Height's experience a few months ago. This is 3 times too many to find bugs in my food from the same food nationality. So please tell me what needs to be done in the back kitchens of curry row to reduce the chances of me receiving roach tikka marsala.

Oh, and, I’m very excited to eat kangaroo on my birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home